Sunday, December 16, 2007

what are you gonna do with your life?


, originally uploaded by Joseph Orsillo.

I have often been told that my work has no real theme, no cohesion, and I guess my latest images seem to support that theory. I can't hep it. I guess I have some form of ADD, but I can't seem to stay with one style very long. As you may have noticed, much of my work for the last few months has been very distressed and dirty. I call it 'antique' but who really cares. While I still really like those images, when I set out to make these latest ones, I couldn't help but try to make them as pristine as possible. I used my sharpest lens (60mm macro), paid much attention to the lighting, and used Mr. Margolis' techniques to showcase color and detail. I am very happy with the results. Maybe its because I have been studying the Modernist style, but in any case I love the delicate detail in these dry flowers. This one is my favorite from the series. I think it might be because the stem looks like Jack Skellington's leg. So tell me, what AM I going to do with my life???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't over analyze. Just do it!