Monday, August 27, 2007

iris study 1


iris study 1, originally uploaded by Joseph Orsillo.

I had quite a bit of free time this weekend and was able to do a fair amount of shooting. Lately I have been on this trend of shooting flowers in my small and over crowded office. It has been very rewarding and I think I have produced some good images, but one comment on my flickr page said something like 'all of these flowers would make a good coffee table book'. I'm not sure how to take that. Is that an actual compliment or a thinly veiled jab at me for not expanding my photographic horizons? I don't know. I have been trying more and more to not seek the approval of others and create images just for my own enjoyment, but I guess I'm still insecure. Maybe I just have to admit it; the bulk of my photographic life has revolved around some fabulous flora.

No comments: