Tuesday, January 15, 2008

On the road... Again


, originally uploaded by Joseph Orsillo.

Well I'm out and about once again and I got the chance to return to one of my favorite shooting locales. I was a little skeptical about shooting this spot again because I wasn't sure that I would be able to see anything new. I arrived just before the sun went down. It was all blue sky and golden tones, but the tide was much farther out than the last time I had visited. I was able to walk out onto the beach to photograph these pylons (they were partially submerged when I last saw them). The sun dipped below the horizon as I was setting up this shot. Literally within the space of a minute, the entire beach was blanketed with fog, with just a hint of light left in the sky. It was something straight from a horror movie. It was all gray and cold and wet and surreal. I loved it. I quickly wiped the moisture from the lens and made seven exposures. I shot a few other scenes before succumbing to the damp cold, but this one best captures the moment as I remember it. And yes, I did embellish just a little, but then it wouldn't be me if I didn't, right?

No comments: