Friday, July 6, 2007

callas and spring


callas and spring, originally uploaded by Joseph Orsillo.

We're going way back now. This shot was captured on black and white film! Remenber that? Its hard to believe, I know, but back in the day photographers used to expose a light sensetive film that had to then be sloshed around in smelly chemicals. And that was just the begining. These so called 'negatives' then had to printed onto a sheet of light sensetive paper which also had to take a nasty chemical bath. In this particular case the negative was a full 8x10 inches and was used to make platinum contact prints. The results (in my opinion) were spectacular. These days I'm able to come pretty close to those results by 'scanning' the negative with my Betterlight, a little magic in Photoshop, and final output to my Epsonon Velvet Fine Artpaper. Oh, and no more stinky fingers...

No comments: